Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Covington County

  •   State: 
    Alabama
      County: 
    Covington County
      Zips: 
    36038
    36455
    36476
    36483
    36028
    36474
    36442
    36421
    36467
    36420
      Coordinates: 
    31.24849231631617, -86.45124248292383
      Area total: 
    1043.77 sq. mi., 2703.36 sq. km, 668015.36 acres
      Area land: 
    1030.56 sq. mi., 2669.13 sq. km, 659557.76 acres
      Area water: 
    13.22 sq. mi., 34.23 sq. km, 8457.60 acres
      Established: 
    1821
      Capital seat: 

    Andalusia
    Address: PO BOX 188
    County Courthouse
    Andalusia, AL 36420-1203
    Governing Body: Commission with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Covington County, Alabama, United States

  •   Population: 
    37,570; Population change: -0.52% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    36 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $32,294
      Households: 
    15,910
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.90% per 15,172 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $1.12 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Covington County's population of Alabama of 41,356 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,91-fold to 37,570 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.15% female residents and 47.85% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.01% in Covington County, Alabama are married and the remaining 37.99% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.01% in Covington County, Alabama are married and the remaining 37.99% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    18,596 residential units of which 83.43% share occupied residential units.

    23.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Covington County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.31% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.13% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.11% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.91% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Covington County, Alabama 65.54% are owner-occupied homes, another 18.43% are rented apartments, and the remaining 16.04% are vacant.

  • The 67.38% of the population in Covington County, Alabama who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 78.820%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 20.520%) of those eligible to vote in Covington County, Alabama.

Skyline of Covington County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

David B. Danel, CPA

201 NW Railroad Ave Suite 209, Hammond, LA 70401

Mulberg & Associates, PLLC

19119 N Creek Pkwy S #100, Bothell, WA 98011

Jeffrey D Reimer, CPA, PLLC

2025 17th St NE, Rochester, MN 55906

Chadwick D. Sweatman, CPA, PC

320 E Main St Suite A, Moncks Corner, SC 29461

Caton Consulting Group, PC

105 Decker Ct, Irving, TX 75062

Landscape of Alabama