Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Etowah County

  •   State: 
    Alabama
      County: 
    Etowah County
      Zips: 
    35902
    35990
    35906
    35972
    35956
    35952
    35905
    35907
    35903
    35907
    35905
    35952
    35956
    35904
    35954
    35903
    35906
    35901
      Coordinates: 
    34.04525441503777, -86.03476267378647
      Area total: 
    548.63 sq. mi., 1420.94 sq. km, 351121.92 acres
      Area land: 
    535.09 sq. mi., 1385.87 sq. km, 342456.32 acres
      Area water: 
    13.54 sq. mi., 35.07 sq. km, 8665.60 acres
      Established: 
    1866
      Capital seat: 

    Gadsden
    Address: 800 Forrest Avenue
    County Court House
    Gadsden, AL
    Governing Body: Commission with 6 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Etowah County, Alabama, United States

  •   Population: 
    103,436; Population change: -0.95% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    193 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $35,424
      Households: 
    42,857
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.70% per 40,724 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    9.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $2.92 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Etowah County's population of Alabama of 63,399 residents in 1930 has increased 1,63-fold to 103,436 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.01% female residents and 47.99% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.67% in Etowah County, Alabama are married and the remaining 39.33% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.67% in Etowah County, Alabama are married and the remaining 39.33% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    47,306 residential units of which 88.73% share occupied residential units.

    25.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Etowah County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.91% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.71% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.10% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.95% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Etowah County, Alabama 67.25% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.11% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.63% are vacant.

  • The 65.82% of the population in Etowah County, Alabama who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 68.390%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 30.170%) of those eligible to vote in Etowah County, Alabama.

Skyline of Etowah County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Bryan, Little, Haley & Kent PC

412 E 5th St, Bartlesville, OK 74003

Glenda Sorak CPA

180 North Road, Deerfield, NH 03037

Active Tax & Accounting LLC

365 NE Baker Creek Rd, McMinnville, OR 97128

David S. Gaudet, CPA

19 Fletcher St, Chelmsford, MA 01824

Quinn A. Rigby, CPA, PLLC

5402 W Aloha Dr, Diamondhead, MS 39525

Landscape of Alabama