Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Kankakee County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Kankakee County
      Zips: 
    60917
    60969
    60935
    60961
    60944
    60910
    60958
    60913
    60922
    60941
    60940
    60964
    60954
    60950
    60915
    60914
    60901
      Coordinates: 
    41.137718658809845, -87.86183165890678
      Area total: 
    681.30 sq. mi., 1764.56 sq. km, 436032.00 acres
      Area land: 
    676.50 sq. mi., 1752.11 sq. km, 432956.80 acres
      Area water: 
    4.81 sq. mi., 12.45 sq. km, 3075.20 acres
      Established: 
    1853
      Capital seat: 

    Kankakee
    Address: 189 E Court St
    County Courthouse
    Kankakee, IL 60901-3841
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 28 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Kankakee County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    107,502; Population change: -5.24% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    159 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $47,656
      Households: 
    36,796
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.80% per 53,934 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.25%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $5.61 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Kankakee County's population of Illinois of 10,555 residents in 1930 has increased 12,49-fold to 131,869 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.75% female residents and 50.25% male residents live in as of 2020, 67.83% in Kankakee County, Illinois are married and the remaining 32.17% are single population.

    As of 2020, 67.83% in Kankakee County, Illinois are married and the remaining 32.17% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    45,270 residential units of which 91.73% share occupied residential units.

    25.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Kankakee County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.20% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.23% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.04% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.61% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Kankakee County, Illinois 65.76% are owner-occupied homes, another 27.75% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.49% are vacant.

  • The 46.25% of the population in Kankakee County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 46.920%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 51.550%) of those eligible to vote in Kankakee County, Illinois.

Skyline of Kankakee County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

GBH Consulting LLC Gary Hyman

45 E Main St, Freehold, NJ 07728

Crippen & Associates

319 6th St, Marysville, CA 95901

Griffing & Company, PC

1 Sugar Creek Center Blvd Suite 650, Sugar Land, TX 77478

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Susan Mattingly, CPA PLC

3270 Suntree Blvd #103, Melbourne, FL 32940

Landscape of Illinois