Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Madison County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Madison County
      Zips: 
    62234
    62040
    62026
    62058
    62021
    62090
    62074
    62048
    62067
    62061
    62046
    62001
    62018
    62087
    62040
    62097
    62084
    62281
    62060
    62010
    62294
    62024
    62062
    62095
    62035
    62034
    62249
    62234
    62040
    62002
    62025
      Coordinates: 
    38.829744254584796, -89.90493023256606
      Area total: 
    740.22 sq. mi., 1917.15 sq. km, 473738.24 acres
      Area land: 
    715.51 sq. mi., 1853.15 sq. km, 457923.84 acres
      Area water: 
    24.71 sq. mi., 64.00 sq. km, 15814.40 acres
      Established: 
    1812
      Capital seat: 

    Edwardsville
    Address: 157 N Main St
    County Administration Building
    Edwardsville, IL 62025-1960
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 30 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Madison County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    265,859; Population change: -1.27% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    372 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $51,322
      Households: 
    15,835
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.70% per 131,452 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.35%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $12.15 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Madison County's population of Illinois of 35,635 residents in 1930 has increased 1,06-fold to 37,729 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.79% female residents and 48.21% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.51% in Madison County, Illinois are married and the remaining 39.49% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.51% in Madison County, Illinois are married and the remaining 39.49% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    118,579 residential units of which 91.59% share occupied residential units.

    26.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Madison County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.50% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.51% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.46% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.55% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Madison County, Illinois 68.77% are owner-occupied homes, another 23.64% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.59% are vacant.

  • The 48.83% of the population in Madison County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 44.550%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 53.750%) of those eligible to vote in Madison County, Illinois.

Skyline of Madison County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

AccountingAlly

312 SE 17th St #301, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

StraderHallett PS

5209 Corporate Center Ct SE, Lacey, WA 98503

DMLO - Eric Shadowens CPA

9300 Shelbyville Rd #1100, Louisville, KY 40222

Jeffrey C Turner CPA PC

11527 Big Canoe,, 216 Indigo Bunting Trail, Big Canoe, GA 30143

Bruce M Szabo, PA., C.PA.

1523 Dale Mabry Hwy, Lutz, FL 33548

Landscape of Illinois