Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Monroe County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Monroe County
      Zips: 
    62279
    62256
    62248
    62244
    62295
    62236
    62298
      Coordinates: 
    38.278545682535864, -90.17728152054221
      Area total: 
    398.36 sq. mi., 1031.75 sq. km, 254950.40 acres
      Area land: 
    385.33 sq. mi., 997.99 sq. km, 246608.64 acres
      Area water: 
    13.03 sq. mi., 33.76 sq. km, 8341.76 acres
      Established: 
    1816
      Capital seat: 

    Waterloo
    Address: 100 S Main St
    County Courthouse
    Waterloo, IL 62298-1322
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Monroe County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    34,962; Population change: 6.08% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    91 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $66,879
      Households: 
    11,282
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.60% per 18,386 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.25%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $884.22 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Monroe County's population of Illinois of 35,278 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,8-fold to 28,288 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 48.23% female residents and 51.77% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.76% in Monroe County, Illinois are married and the remaining 40.24% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.76% in Monroe County, Illinois are married and the remaining 40.24% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    14,540 residential units of which 94.58% share occupied residential units.

    31.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Monroe County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    86.96% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 7.73% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.84% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.40% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Monroe County, Illinois 76.48% are owner-occupied homes, another 18.68% are rented apartments, and the remaining 4.85% are vacant.

  • The 69.37% of the population in Monroe County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 54.640%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 43.980%) of those eligible to vote in Monroe County, Illinois.

Skyline of Monroe County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Brian Lynn CPA PA

2 S University Dr #215, Plantation, FL 33324

Kassouf & Co

2101 Highland Ave Suite 300, Birmingham, AL 35205

Franklin P. Sparkman, CPA

604 Old Providence Rd, Waxhaw, NC 28173

Watts Group

4161 Chain Bridge Rd, Fairfax, VA 22030

Sabo James J CPA

80 N Main St, Wellsville, NY 14895

Landscape of Illinois