Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Stephenson County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Stephenson County
      Zips: 
    61027
    61044
    61013
    61050
    61089
    61067
    61018
    61070
    61039
    61060
    61019
    61062
    61048
    61032
      Coordinates: 
    42.35182916871325, -89.66225445077635
      Area total: 
    564.77 sq. mi., 1462.74 sq. km, 361451.52 acres
      Area land: 
    564.25 sq. mi., 1461.39 sq. km, 361118.08 acres
      Area water: 
    0.52 sq. mi., 1.35 sq. km, 333.44 acres
      Established: 
    1837
      Capital seat: 

    Freeport
    Address: 15 N Galena Ave
    County Courthouse
    Freeport, IL 61032-4348
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 22 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Stephenson County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    44,630; Population change: -6.46% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    79 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $44,236
      Households: 
    53,099
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.30% per 21,106 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.25%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $1.76 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Stephenson County's population of Illinois of 46,082 residents in 1930 has increased 2,85-fold to 131,343 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.79% female residents and 49.21% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.31% in Stephenson County, Illinois are married and the remaining 36.69% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.31% in Stephenson County, Illinois are married and the remaining 36.69% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    21,369 residential units of which 89.77% share occupied residential units.

    21.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Stephenson County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.76% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.83% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.55% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.05% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Stephenson County, Illinois 65.32% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.44% are rented apartments, and the remaining 13.24% are vacant.

  • The 56.66% of the population in Stephenson County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 45.860%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 52.530%) of those eligible to vote in Stephenson County, Illinois.

Skyline of Stephenson County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Brickley De Long PC

316 Morris Ave, Muskegon, MI 49440

Pinnacle Business Solutions LLP.

19332 N 100th Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85255

Hoyle and Company Inc

5000 Meadows Rd #435, Lake Oswego, OR 97035

VG CPA PC

44790 Maynard Square Suite 190, Ashburn, VA 20147

Christopher T Mutchler CPA

6611 Kitsap Way, Bremerton, WA 98312

Landscape of Illinois