Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Estill County

  •   State: 
    Kentucky
      County: 
    Estill County
      Zips: 
    40472
    40336
      Coordinates: 
    37.69248122875072, -83.96433049652093
      Area total: 
    255.61 sq. mi., 662.03 sq. km, 163590.40 acres
      Area land: 
    253.09 sq. mi., 655.51 sq. km, 161980.16 acres
      Area water: 
    2.52 sq. mi., 6.52 sq. km, 1610.24 acres
      Established: 
    1808
      Capital seat: 

    Irvine
    Address: 130 Main St
    County Courthouse
    Irvine, KY 40336-1006
    Governing Body: Magistrate Fiscal Court with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Estill County, Kentucky, United States

  •   Population: 
    14,163; Population change: -3.47% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    56 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $27,595
      Households: 
    120,502
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.50% per 5,153 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $198.95 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Estill County's population of Kentucky of 68,543 residents in 1930 has increased 4,71-fold to 322,570 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.42% female residents and 49.58% male residents live in as of 2020, 53.17% in Estill County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 46.83% are single population.

    As of 2020, 53.17% in Estill County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 46.83% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    6,827 residential units of which 86.06% share occupied residential units.

    37.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Estill County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.61% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 19.14% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.30% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.50% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Estill County, Kentucky 66.07% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.65% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.28% are vacant.

  • The 44.28% of the population in Estill County, Kentucky who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 69.350%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 29.260%) of those eligible to vote in Estill County, Kentucky.

Skyline of Estill County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Frazier & Deeter LLC

SunTrust Financial Centre, 401 E Jackson St Suite 2425, Tampa, FL 33602

Black & Soli PC

81 W Esperanza Blvd, Green Valley, AZ 85614

RG & Associates

11920 Burt St #160, Omaha, NE 68154

Scanlon Nietz & Murch

145 2nd St W, Wabasha, MN 55981

Morey CPA & Associates Inc

665 Camino De Los Mares STE 306, San Clemente, CA 92673

Landscape of Kentucky