Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Fayette County

  •   State: 
    Kentucky
      County: 
    Fayette County
      Zips: 
    40512
    40526
    40577
    40583
    40533
    40575
    40523
    40591
    40544
    40546
    40522
    40524
    40588
    40555
    40506
    40516
    40514
    40510
    40515
    40513
    40536
    40517
    40502
    40505
    40511
    40508
    40507
    40504
    40509
    40503
      Coordinates: 
    38.04232157964666, -84.45873278551346
      Area total: 
    285.54 sq. mi., 739.54 sq. km, 182743.68 acres
      Area land: 
    283.64 sq. mi., 734.62 sq. km, 181527.68 acres
      Area water: 
    1.90 sq. mi., 4.92 sq. km, 1216.00 acres
      Established: 
    1780
      Capital seat: 

    Lexington
    Address: 200 E Main St
    County Courthouse
    Lexington, KY 40507-1310
    Governing Body: Urban County Council with 15 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Fayette County, Kentucky, United States

  •   Population: 
    322,570; Population change: 9.05% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    1,137 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $47,076
      Households: 
    5,884
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.70% per 172,284 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $18.34 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Fayette County's population of Kentucky of 12,931 residents in 1930 has increased 1,17-fold to 15,082 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.93% female residents and 49.07% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.08% in Fayette County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 37.92% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.08% in Fayette County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 37.92% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    146,142 residential units of which 92.06% share occupied residential units.

    21.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Fayette County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.79% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.99% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.16% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.74% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Fayette County, Kentucky 52.35% are owner-occupied homes, another 38.72% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.93% are vacant.

  • The 45.78% of the population in Fayette County, Kentucky who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 46.910%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 51.740%) of those eligible to vote in Fayette County, Kentucky.

Skyline of Fayette County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Jerry J. Hellman, CPA

3810 A Avenue A, Kearney, NE 68847

Govero Chris P CPA

103 E Leake St, Clinton, MS 39056

Jeff Dawson CPA

252 Sherbrooke Dr, Newport News, VA 23602

Kuperstein Ong LLP

10250 Constellation Blvd #1050, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Scott McReynolds, CPA

1101 S Main St #314, Milpitas, CA 95035

Landscape of Kentucky