Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Jefferson County

  •   State: 
    Kentucky
      County: 
    Jefferson County
      Zips: 
    40018
    40270
    40297
    40231
    40232
    40251
    40269
    40253
    40225
    40250
    40253
    40255
    40257
    40280
    40233
    40256
    40025
    40252
    40027
    40041
    40118
    40118
    40201
    40222
    40222
    40291
    40258
    40292
    40272
    40222
    40219
    40223
    40023
    40243
    40216
    40118
    40242
    40209
    40210
    40212
    40299
    40215
    40228
    40207
    40229
    40208
    40272
    40258
    40217
    40211
    40059
    40245
    40291
    40243
    40216
    40220
    40204
    40213
    40214
    40219
    40241
    40205
    40203
    40206
    40218
    40222
    40223
    40299
    40207
    40202
      Coordinates: 
    38.18719263892083, -85.65910705856359
      Area total: 
    397.68 sq. mi., 1030.00 sq. km, 254517.76 acres
      Area land: 
    380.71 sq. mi., 986.03 sq. km, 243653.76 acres
      Area water: 
    16.98 sq. mi., 43.96 sq. km, 10864.00 acres
      Established: 
    1780
      Capital seat: 

    Louisville
    Address: 527 W Jefferson St
    Metro Hall
    Louisville, KY 40202-2814
    Governing Body: Urban County Council with 26 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Jefferson County, Kentucky, United States

  •   Population: 
    782,969; Population change: 5.65% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    2,056 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,333
      Households: 
    17,106
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.80% per 390,487 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $49.34 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Jefferson County's population of Kentucky of 12,431 residents in 1930 has increased 4,26-fold to 52,991 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.99% female residents and 49.01% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.27% in Jefferson County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 36.73% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.27% in Jefferson County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 36.73% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    356,887 residential units of which 91.95% share occupied residential units.

    23.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Jefferson County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.28% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.81% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.85% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.30% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Jefferson County, Kentucky 60.82% are owner-occupied homes, another 31.29% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.88% are vacant.

  • The 52.84% of the population in Jefferson County, Kentucky who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 43.380%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 55.340%) of those eligible to vote in Jefferson County, Kentucky.

Skyline of Jefferson County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Succentrix Business Advisors - Dan Robinson, CPA

214 Powers Ave, Sikeston, MO 63801

Kamish & Associates CPA Firm

1070 Bloomingdale Ave, Valrico, FL 33596

Nebojsic & Associates, PA.

2201 NE 52nd St # 203, Lighthouse Point, FL 33064

Hancock Askew & Co., LLP

9350 S Dixie Hwy PH 1, Miami, FL 33156

Kristin L. Ingram

35 Buckland Way, Windsor, CT 06095

Landscape of Kentucky