Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Whitley County

  •   State: 
    Kentucky
      County: 
    Whitley County
      Zips: 
    40730
    40763
    40940
    40759
    40769
    40701
      Coordinates: 
    36.758073162342214, -84.145177727119
      Area total: 
    445.12 sq. mi., 1152.85 sq. km, 284876.16 acres
      Area land: 
    437.83 sq. mi., 1133.98 sq. km, 280211.84 acres
      Area water: 
    7.29 sq. mi., 18.88 sq. km, 4664.32 acres
      Established: 
    1818
      Capital seat: 

    Williamsburg
    Address: PO BOX 237
    County Courthouse
    Williamsburg, KY 40769-0237
    Governing Body: Magistrate Fiscal Court with 4 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Whitley County, Kentucky, United States

  •   Population: 
    36,712; Population change: 3.02% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    84 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $27,826
      Households: 
    2,931
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.10% per 13,784 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $990.94 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Whitley County's population of Kentucky of 8,425 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,78-fold to 6,562 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.93% female residents and 49.07% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.50% in Whitley County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 37.50% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.50% in Whitley County, Kentucky are married and the remaining 37.50% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    15,469 residential units of which 89.17% share occupied residential units.

    25.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Whitley County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.76% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 16.14% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.91% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.37% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Whitley County, Kentucky 67.78% are owner-occupied homes, another 25.04% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.18% are vacant.

  • The 66.15% of the population in Whitley County, Kentucky who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 73.080%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 25.420%) of those eligible to vote in Whitley County, Kentucky.

Skyline of Whitley County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Succentrix Business Advisors - Dan Robinson, CPA

214 Powers Ave, Sikeston, MO 63801

Dutton & Associates PC

10822 Old Mill Rd #1, Omaha, NE 68154

Punita Ahuja CPA PLLC

5500 W Friendly Ave #102d, Greensboro, NC 27410

Sarah D. Bishop, CPA LLC

111 N Baltimore Ave, Derby, KS 67037

R ERICK MIKESELL CPA

453 Mahard Dr, Twin Falls, ID 83301

Landscape of Kentucky