Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Lafourche Parish

  •   State: 
    Louisiana
      County: 
    Lafourche Parish
      Zips: 
    70310
    70302
    70310
    70355
    70375
    70354
    70374
    70373
    70357
    70345
    70394
    70301
      Coordinates: 
    29.500102644937268, -90.40245398287271
      Area total: 
    1468.95 sq. mi., 3804.55 sq. km, 940124.80 acres
      Area land: 
    1068.36 sq. mi., 2767.04 sq. km, 683750.40 acres
      Area water: 
    400.59 sq. mi., 1037.51 sq. km, 256374.40 acres
      Established: 
    1807
      Capital seat: 

    Thibodaux
    Address: PO BOX 5548
    Parish Courthouse
    Thibodaux, LA 70302-5548
    Governing Body: Council with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Lafourche Parish, Louisiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    97,557; Population change: 1.29% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    91.35 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $43,172
      Households: 
    34,132
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.50% per 41,475 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $3.91 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Lafourche Parish's population of Louisiana of 32,419 residents in 1930 has increased 3,01-fold to 97,557 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.30% female residents and 48.70% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.32% in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 39.68% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.32% in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 39.68% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    40,933 residential units of which 90.83% share occupied residential units.

    27.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Lafourche Parish require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.62% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.57% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.67% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.04% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana 70.80% are owner-occupied homes, another 19.38% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.82% are vacant.

  • The 81.85% of the population in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 71.490%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 25.500%) of those eligible to vote in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana.

Skyline of Lafourche Parish

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Weintraub, Traub, Tracy & Virk CPAs LLP

37 E Main St, Oyster Bay, NY 11771

Swedean & Co.

663 N Derby Ln d, North Sioux City, SD 57049

Hines, Squyres, & Associates LLC

133 E 5th St, Natchitoches, LA 71457

Duluth CPA

5237 Miller Trunk Hwy #106, Duluth, MN 55811

Burzenski & Company

100 S Shore Dr #100, East Haven, CT 06512

Landscape of Louisiana