Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Saint Mary Parish

St. Mary Parish

  •   State: 
    Louisiana
      County: 
    Saint Mary Parish
      Zips: 
    70381
    70523
    70522
    70514
    70340
    70342
    70392
    70538
    70380
      Coordinates: 
    29.634681120674305, -91.47298877281388
      Area total: 
    1119.42 sq. mi., 2899.29 sq. km, 716430.08 acres
      Area land: 
    555.58 sq. mi., 1438.96 sq. km, 355573.76 acres
      Area water: 
    563.84 sq. mi., 1460.33 sq. km, 360856.32 acres
      Established: 
    1811
      Capital seat: 

    Franklin
    Address: 500 Main St
    Parish Courthouse
    Franklin, LA 70538-6141
    Governing Body: Council with 11 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Saint Mary Parish, Louisiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    49,406; Population change: -9.60% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    89 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $37,919
      Households: 
    19,351
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.20% per 19,516 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $2.32 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Saint Mary Parish's population of Louisiana of 29,397 residents in 1930 has increased 1,68-fold to 49,406 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.41% female residents and 48.59% male residents live in as of 2020, 55.90% in Saint Mary Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 44.10% are single population.

    As of 2020, 55.90% in Saint Mary Parish, Louisiana are married and the remaining 44.10% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    22,407 residential units of which 86.23% share occupied residential units.

    19.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Saint Mary Parish require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.53% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.36% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.57% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.96% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Saint Mary Parish, Louisiana 64.74% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.41% are rented apartments, and the remaining 12.85% are vacant.

  • The 63.01% of the population in Saint Mary Parish, Louisiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 57.560%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 40.800%) of those eligible to vote in Saint Mary Parish, Louisiana.

Skyline of Saint Mary Parish

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Kelly & Taylor PC

320 S Broadway, Pitman, NJ 08071

Francina M Hollaway CPA LLC

2937 Bee Ridge Rd #5, Sarasota, FL 34239

Frazier & Deeter LLC

SunTrust Financial Centre, 401 E Jackson St Suite 2425, Tampa, FL 33602

BEN R SHULL CPA LLC

16300 Katy Fwy Ste 150, Houston, TX 77094

Powell Donald w CPA

275 Engle St, Englewood, NJ 07631

Landscape of Louisiana