Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Somerset County

  •   State: 
    Maine
      County: 
    Somerset County
      Zips: 
    04923
    04944
    04975
    04925
    04957
    04911
    04976
    04912
    04958
    04929
    04978
    04985
    04911
    04942
    04478
    04958
    04961
    04971
    04979
    04924
    04943
    04965
    04920
    04945
    04957
    04950
    04967
    04937
    04976
      Coordinates: 
    45.51385672406892, -69.95881465131814
      Area total: 
    4093.37 sq. mi., 10601.79 sq. km, 2619759.36 acres
      Area land: 
    3924.28 sq. mi., 10163.85 sq. km, 2511541.12 acres
      Area water: 
    169.09 sq. mi., 437.94 sq. km, 108218.24 acres
      Established: 
    1809
      Capital seat: 

    Skowhegan
    Address: 41 Court St
    Skowhegan Superior Court
    Skowhegan, ME 04976-1863
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Somerset County, Maine, United States

  •   Population: 
    50,477; Population change: -3.35% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    13 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $38,660
      Households: 
    21,975
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.60% per 22,024 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.50%
      GDP: 
    $1.61 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Somerset County's population of Maine of 39,111 residents in 1930 has increased 1,29-fold to 50,477 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.22% female residents and 48.78% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.44% in Somerset County, Maine are married and the remaining 40.56% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.44% in Somerset County, Maine are married and the remaining 40.56% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    29,785 residential units of which 73.61% share occupied residential units.

    25.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Somerset County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.74% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.97% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.16% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.61% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Somerset County, Maine 57.72% are owner-occupied homes, another 16.47% are rented apartments, and the remaining 25.81% are vacant.

  • The 27.51% of the population in Somerset County, Maine who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 46.070%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 51.770%) of those eligible to vote in Somerset County, Maine.

Skyline of Somerset County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Singer & Associates, PC

3000 H G Mosley Pkwy, Longview, TX 75605

Catlin, Lillard & Co. PC

126 S Ranch House Rd #1200, Willow Park, TX 76008

Santoro & Sinnamon CPAs

43 North Road #200, Deerfield, NH 03037

Red Rock Accounting Group LLC

1290 AZ-260, Cottonwood, AZ 86326

Active Tax & Accounting LLC

365 NE Baker Creek Rd, McMinnville, OR 97128

Landscape of Maine