Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Howard County

  •   State: 
    Maryland
      County: 
    Howard County
      Zips: 
    21150
    21765
    21041
    21723
    21036
    21794
    21737
    21738
    20777
    21163
    20763
    20701
    21797
    20759
    21029
    20723
    20794
    21075
    21043
    21046
    21042
    21044
    21045
      Coordinates: 
    39.25071711285041, -76.9311944848631
      Area total: 
    253.39 sq. mi., 656.29 sq. km, 162172.16 acres
      Area land: 
    250.95 sq. mi., 649.95 sq. km, 160606.72 acres
      Area water: 
    2.45 sq. mi., 6.34 sq. km, 1565.44 acres
      Established: 
    1851
      Capital seat: 

    Ellicott City
    Address: 3430 Court House Dr
    County Office Building
    Ellicott City, MD 21043-4300
    Governing Body: County Council with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Howard County, Maryland, United States

  •   Population: 
    332,317; Population change: 15.76% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    1,324 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $100,023
      Households: 
    101,063
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.20% per 184,474 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    7.95%
      GDP: 
    $24.66 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Howard County's population of Maryland of 16,169 residents in 1930 has increased 20,55-fold to 332,317 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.95% female residents and 49.05% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.54% in Howard County, Maryland are married and the remaining 35.46% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.54% in Howard County, Maryland are married and the remaining 35.46% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    123,202 residential units of which 96.41% share occupied residential units.

    33.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Howard County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.95% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.21% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.46% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.58% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Howard County, Maryland 71.78% are owner-occupied homes, another 24.16% are rented apartments, and the remaining 4.06% are vacant.

  • The 48.00% of the population in Howard County, Maryland who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 38.140%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 59.990%) of those eligible to vote in Howard County, Maryland.

Skyline of Howard County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Gillam & Zetzl Inc

1909 Chester Blvd, Richmond, IN 47374

Sung & Associates CPA LLC

1 Station Plaza Suite 103, Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660

Punita Ahuja CPA PLLC

5500 W Friendly Ave #102d, Greensboro, NC 27410

Caroprese & Company

151 Forest St, Montclair, NJ 07042

Tompkins & Peters CPAs, PC

1715 S Reserve St i, Missoula, MT 59801

Landscape of Maryland