Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Washoe County

  •   State: 
    Nevada
      County: 
    Washoe County
      Zips: 
    89405
    89599
    89570
    89505
    89437
    89504
    89533
    89513
    89515
    89435
    89442
    89507
    89441
    89424
    89432
    89434
    89704
    89412
    89595
    89450
    89439
    89510
    89402
    89557
    89508
    89704
    89433
    89441
    89519
    89436
    89506
    89523
    89512
    89434
    89451
    89503
    89521
    89501
    89511
    89509
    89431
    89502
      Coordinates: 
    40.66564000929059, -119.6643245325605
      Area total: 
    6541.16 sq. mi., 16941.52 sq. km, 4186339.84 acres
      Area land: 
    6316.16 sq. mi., 16358.78 sq. km, 4042342.40 acres
      Area water: 
    225.00 sq. mi., 582.74 sq. km, 143997.44 acres
      Established: 
    1861
      Capital seat: 

    Reno
    Address: 1001 E. 9th Street
    Reno, NV
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Washoe County, Nevada, United States

  •   Population: 
    486,492; Population change: 15.44% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    77 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $56,254
      Households: 
    160,477
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.80% per 254,278 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.38%
      GDP: 
    $24.11 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Washoe County's population of Nevada of 27,158 residents in 1930 has increased 17,91-fold to 486,492 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.32% female residents and 50.68% male residents live in as of 2020, 56.09% in Washoe County, Nevada are married and the remaining 43.91% are single population.

    As of 2020, 56.09% in Washoe County, Nevada are married and the remaining 43.91% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    207,209 residential units of which 92.60% share occupied residential units.

    21.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Washoe County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.43% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.33% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.81% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.92% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Washoe County, Nevada 55.00% are owner-occupied homes, another 34.52% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.48% are vacant.

  • The 26.32% of the population in Washoe County, Nevada who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 42.610%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 55.250%) of those eligible to vote in Washoe County, Nevada.

Skyline of Washoe County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Mid-State Accounting LLC

100 Bremmer St ste c, Stevens Point, WI 54481

Robert Charles Kirnard, CPA

437 W Friendly Ave #201, Greensboro, NC 27401

Kimberly Hardesty PSC, CPA

1369 KY-44, Shepherdsville, KY 40165

Genoese & Associates PA

795 E Broad St, Gibbstown, NJ 08027

J Kennith Brown CPA

7500 Memorial Pkwy SW # 215G, Huntsville, AL 35802

Landscape of Nevada