Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Otero County

  •   State: 
    New Mexico
      County: 
    Otero County
      Zips: 
    88311
    88314
    88342
    88344
    88347
    88349
    88354
    88350
    88325
    88339
    88337
    88330
    88340
    88081
    88352
    88317
    88310
      Coordinates: 
    32.61314463258039, -105.74144254532114
      Area total: 
    6626.83 sq. mi., 17163.40 sq. km, 4241168.64 acres
      Area land: 
    6612.56 sq. mi., 17126.46 sq. km, 4232039.68 acres
      Area water: 
    14.26 sq. mi., 36.94 sq. km, 9128.96 acres
      Established: 
    1899
      Capital seat: 

    Alamogordo
    Address: 1101 New York Ave
    Alamogordo, NM 88310-6923
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Otero County, New Mexico, United States

  •   Population: 
    67,839; Population change: 6.34% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    10 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $37,239
      Households: 
    23,568
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.30% per 25,696 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.25%
      Income taxes: 
    5.30%
      GDP: 
    $2.57 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Otero County's population of New Mexico of 9,779 residents in 1930 has increased 6,94-fold to 67,839 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.85% female residents and 50.15% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.68% in Otero County, New Mexico are married and the remaining 37.32% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.68% in Otero County, New Mexico are married and the remaining 37.32% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    32,210 residential units of which 80.51% share occupied residential units.

    22.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Otero County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    73.93% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 17.45% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.31% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.24% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Otero County, New Mexico 52.04% are owner-occupied homes, another 24.99% are rented apartments, and the remaining 22.97% are vacant.

  • The 44.89% of the population in Otero County, New Mexico who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 58.830%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 39.560%) of those eligible to vote in Otero County, New Mexico.

Skyline of Otero County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

D Todd Mackey, CPA LLC

7620 N Wade School Rd, Columbia, MO 65202

DeLeo & Company, PC

12 Aspetuck Ave, New Milford, CT 06776

McCarthy, Rose & Mills, LLP

3001 Dallas Pkwy #750, Frisco, TX 75034

Crawford & Winiarski

535 Griswold St, Detroit, MI 48226

Frank Pasatieri CPA

1790 Hempstead Turnpike, East Meadow, New York 11554

Landscape of New Mexico