Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Taos County

  •   State: 
    New Mexico
      County: 
    Taos County
      Zips: 
    87543
    87519
    87521
    87517
    87524
    87580
    87521
    87512
    87564
    87577
    87579
    87513
    87553
    87514
    87525
    87556
    87557
    87529
    87558
    87571
      Coordinates: 
    36.57815936004057, -105.63102603336908
      Area total: 
    2203.68 sq. mi., 5707.50 sq. km, 1410354.56 acres
      Area land: 
    2202.37 sq. mi., 5704.12 sq. km, 1409518.72 acres
      Area water: 
    1.31 sq. mi., 3.38 sq. km, 835.84 acres
      Established: 
    1852
      Capital seat: 

    Taos
    Address: 105 Albright St Ste A
    County Courthouse
    Taos, NM 87571-6170
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Taos County, New Mexico, United States

  •   Population: 
    34,489; Population change: 4.71% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    16 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $37,244
      Households: 
    14,508
      Unemployment rate: 
    11.60% per 14,967 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.62%
      Income taxes: 
    5.30%
      GDP: 
    $927.56 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Taos County's population of New Mexico of 14,394 residents in 1930 has increased 2,4-fold to 34,489 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.01% female residents and 48.99% male residents live in as of 2020, 49.38% in Taos County, New Mexico are married and the remaining 50.62% are single population.

    As of 2020, 49.38% in Taos County, New Mexico are married and the remaining 50.62% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    20,904 residential units of which 75.33% share occupied residential units.

    23.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Taos County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    71.66% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.89% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.13% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 7.01% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Taos County, New Mexico 56.00% are owner-occupied homes, another 18.19% are rented apartments, and the remaining 25.81% are vacant.

  • The 67.84% of the population in Taos County, New Mexico who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 16.970%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 81.820%) of those eligible to vote in Taos County, New Mexico.

Skyline of Taos County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Haque CPA

100 Park Ave #16, New York, 10017

JF Holes CPA Inc

2500 Tamiami Trail N #214, Naples, FL 34103

Ringold Financial Management Services

850 S Wabash Ave #320, Chicago, IL 60605

BSB Accountants & Advisors

201 Moreland Rd Suite 3, Hauppauge, NY 11788

Ramberg & Associates

5605 SW Barrington Ct S Ste 100, Topeka, KS 66614

Landscape of New Mexico