Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Alamance County

  •   State: 
    North Carolina
      County: 
    Alamance County
      Zips: 
    27202
    27340
    27359
    27201
    27216
    27349
    27258
    27244
    27253
    27217
    27302
    27215
      Coordinates: 
    36.043709773016346, -79.39942484429181
      Area total: 
    434.24 sq. mi., 1124.68 sq. km, 277913.60 acres
      Area land: 
    423.45 sq. mi., 1096.72 sq. km, 271004.80 acres
      Area water: 
    10.80 sq. mi., 27.96 sq. km, 6908.80 acres
      Established: 
    1848
      Capital seat: 

    Graham
    Address: 124 W Elm St
    County Office Building
    Graham, NC 27253-2865
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Alamance County, North Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    171,415; Population change: 13.42% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    405 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $42,147
      Households: 
    58,992
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.20% per 80,457 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $5.62 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Alamance County's population of North Carolina of 42,140 residents in 1930 has increased 4,07-fold to 171,415 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.74% female residents and 48.26% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.46% in Alamance County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 40.54% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.46% in Alamance County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 40.54% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    73,385 residential units of which 92.56% share occupied residential units.

    23.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Alamance County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.62% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.89% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.16% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.98% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Alamance County, North Carolina 64.15% are owner-occupied homes, another 27.12% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.74% are vacant.

  • The 41.19% of the population in Alamance County, North Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 54.170%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 44.940%) of those eligible to vote in Alamance County, North Carolina.

Skyline of Alamance County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Paul Rambeau & Associates

300 W Clarendon Ave #340, Phoenix, AZ 85013

Toni L. Ladnier, CPA LLC

11736 Ferdinand St, St Francisville, LA 70775

Dollins Michael CPA

2805, 1025 Montgomery Hwy Apostles, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216

Minert & Associates PLLC

2488 E 81st St #145, Tulsa, OK 74137

Steven E Miller CPA PC

15150 Preston Rd #210, Dallas, TX 75248

Landscape of North Carolina