Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Buncombe County

  •   State: 
    North Carolina
      County: 
    Buncombe County
      Zips: 
    28813
    28810
    28728
    28815
    28816
    28770
    28776
    28728
    28814
    28757
    28802
    28701
    28709
    28804
    28748
    28730
    28778
    28715
    28711
    28787
    28804
    28805
    28704
    28806
    28803
    28801
      Coordinates: 
    35.61117774111245, -82.53010684463804
      Area total: 
    659.95 sq. mi., 1709.26 sq. km, 422368.00 acres
      Area land: 
    656.50 sq. mi., 1700.32 sq. km, 420158.08 acres
      Area water: 
    3.45 sq. mi., 8.94 sq. km, 2209.92 acres
      Established: 
    1792
      Capital seat: 

    Asheville
    Address: 205 College St
    County Courthouse
    Asheville, NC 28801-3024
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Buncombe County, North Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    269,452; Population change: 13.06% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    410 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $43,442
      Households: 
    97,681
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.30% per 136,480 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $12.80 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Buncombe County's population of North Carolina of 97,937 residents in 1930 has increased 2,75-fold to 269,452 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.11% female residents and 47.89% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.34% in Buncombe County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 40.66% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.34% in Buncombe County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 40.66% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    129,141 residential units of which 90.01% share occupied residential units.

    23.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Buncombe County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.36% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.97% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.75% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.81% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Buncombe County, North Carolina 63.85% are owner-occupied homes, another 26.14% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.01% are vacant.

  • The 53.17% of the population in Buncombe County, North Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 42.400%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 56.320%) of those eligible to vote in Buncombe County, North Carolina.

Skyline of Buncombe County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Grassi & Co.

10 Esquire Rd #4, New City, NY 10956

Hee & Ching CPAs LLC

201 Merchant St #1830, Honolulu, HI 96813

Ogden & Showalter, PLLC

6321 E 102nd St, Tulsa, OK 74137

NYC cpa office DGM CPA PC

363 7th Ave, New York, NY 10001

Chortek LLP

51 Park Pl Suite 100, Appleton, WI 54914

Landscape of North Carolina