Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Cherokee County

  •   State: 
    North Carolina
      County: 
    Cherokee County
      Zips: 
    28903
    28905
    28901
    28906
      Coordinates: 
    35.133857587192914, -84.06344399430238
      Area total: 
    466.67 sq. mi., 1208.66 sq. km, 298666.24 acres
      Area land: 
    455.54 sq. mi., 1179.85 sq. km, 291546.24 acres
      Area water: 
    11.13 sq. mi., 28.81 sq. km, 7120.00 acres
      Established: 
    1839
      Capital seat: 

    Murphy
    Address: 75 Peachtree St
    County Courthouse
    Murphy, NC 28906-2947
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Cherokee County, North Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    28,774; Population change: 4.85% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    63 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $32,036
      Households: 
    12,154
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.90% per 10,952 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $679.92 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Cherokee County's population of North Carolina of 16,151 residents in 1930 has increased 1,78-fold to 28,774 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.96% female residents and 48.04% male residents live in as of 2020, 67.63% in Cherokee County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 32.37% are single population.

    As of 2020, 67.63% in Cherokee County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 32.37% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    17,863 residential units of which 71.12% share occupied residential units.

    24.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Cherokee County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.17% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 16.59% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.12% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.20% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Cherokee County, North Carolina 61.24% are owner-occupied homes, another 12.87% are rented apartments, and the remaining 25.89% are vacant.

  • The 52.43% of the population in Cherokee County, North Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 68.670%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 30.070%) of those eligible to vote in Cherokee County, North Carolina.

Skyline of Cherokee County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Richards, Yu & Associates, CPA

13920 Foothill Blvd, Sylmar, CA 91342

Siena Accounting, CPA, PLLC

11973 Sweetwater Dr suite a, Grand Ledge, MI 48837

Shawn M Hicks LLC

227 W Ontario Dr, Muncie, IN 47303

Milligan and Company LLC

105 N 22nd St, Philadelphia, PA 19103

Harper Frank H CPA

301 SE 2nd St, Snow Hill, NC 28580

Landscape of North Carolina