Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Craven County

  •   State: 
    North Carolina
      County: 
    Craven County
      Zips: 
    28533
    28564
    28563
    28561
    28533
    28527
    28519
    28523
    28526
    28562
    28586
    28532
    28560
    28562
      Coordinates: 
    35.117686214927396, -77.08200555424605
      Area total: 
    773.28 sq. mi., 2002.79 sq. km, 494901.12 acres
      Area land: 
    706.57 sq. mi., 1830.01 sq. km, 452206.72 acres
      Area water: 
    66.71 sq. mi., 172.78 sq. km, 42694.40 acres
      Established: 
    1712
      Capital seat: 

    New Bern
    Address: 406 Craven St
    County Courthouse
    New Bern, NC 28560-4911
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Craven County, North Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    100,720; Population change: -2.69% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    143 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,265
      Households: 
    39,380
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.60% per 40,820 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $4.65 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Craven County's population of North Carolina of 30,665 residents in 1930 has increased 3,28-fold to 100,720 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.18% female residents and 48.82% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.54% in Craven County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 37.46% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.54% in Craven County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 37.46% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    46,800 residential units of which 87.46% share occupied residential units.

    22.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Craven County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.58% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 15.24% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.57% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.29% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Craven County, North Carolina 59.78% are owner-occupied homes, another 28.79% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.44% are vacant.

  • The 42.20% of the population in Craven County, North Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 55.830%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 43.390%) of those eligible to vote in Craven County, North Carolina.

Skyline of Craven County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Janice Talleur, CPA

16870 W Bernardo Dr #400, San Diego, CA 92127

Stephens & Company, PLLC

612 N Beaver St, Flagstaff, AZ 86001

Summers, McCrary and Sparks, PSC

110 E Lowry Ln, Lexington, KY 40503

Pooley & Pooley, CPAs

2455 Bennett Valley Rd B214, Santa Rosa, CA 95404

Eck, Schafer & Punke LLP

227 S 7th St, Springfield, IL 62701

Landscape of North Carolina