Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Edgecombe County

  •   State: 
    North Carolina
      County: 
    Edgecombe County
      Zips: 
    27815
    27881
    27819
    27886
    27852
    27864
    27801
    27886
      Coordinates: 
    35.91288051568842, -77.59705899300843
      Area total: 
    506.87 sq. mi., 1312.78 sq. km, 324394.88 acres
      Area land: 
    505.43 sq. mi., 1309.06 sq. km, 323477.12 acres
      Area water: 
    1.43 sq. mi., 3.72 sq. km, 917.76 acres
      Established: 
    1735
      Capital seat: 

    Tarboro
    Address: PO BOX 10
    County Courthouse
    Tarboro, NC 27886-0010
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Edgecombe County, North Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    48,900; Population change: -13.53% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    97 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $37,683
      Households: 
    19,392
      Unemployment rate: 
    10.60% per 20,702 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $1.63 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Edgecombe County's population of North Carolina of 47,894 residents in 1930 has increased 1,02-fold to 48,900 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 53.53% female residents and 46.47% male residents live in as of 2020, 53.00% in Edgecombe County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 47.00% are single population.

    As of 2020, 53.00% in Edgecombe County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 47.00% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    23,059 residential units of which 86.61% share occupied residential units.

    23 minutes is the average time that residents in Edgecombe County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.62% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 16.69% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.62% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.86% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Edgecombe County, North Carolina 52.22% are owner-occupied homes, another 28.46% are rented apartments, and the remaining 19.32% are vacant.

  • The 32.35% of the population in Edgecombe County, North Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 32.570%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 67.120%) of those eligible to vote in Edgecombe County, North Carolina.

Skyline of Edgecombe County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Einstein & Burt Co LLC

5552, 24100 Chagrin Blvd # 450, Cleveland, OH 44122

J Garza CPA PLLC

29539 W Jefferson Ave, Rockwood, MI 48173

Carr Staples & Accardi CPA's

495 Main St, Haverhill, MA 01830

JMS CPAs, PLLC

5600 San Pedro Ave, San Antonio, TX 78212

Byrne Zizzi CPA, PLLC

1204 Office Park Dr suite d, Oxford, MS 38655

Landscape of North Carolina