Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Wake County

  •   State: 
    North Carolina
      County: 
    Wake County
      Zips: 
    27602
    27623
    27627
    27635
    27636
    27656
    27676
    27602
    27620
    27629
    27675
    27661
    27623
    27628
    27658
    27611
    27588
    27622
    27591
    27619
    27699
    27512
    27624
    27695
    27571
    27592
    27523
    27539
    27608
    27591
    27605
    27597
    27519
    27614
    27545
    27613
    27540
    27617
    27502
    27606
    27616
    27526
    27601
    27518
    27610
    27513
    27604
    27560
    27607
    27529
    27587
    27612
    27603
    27511
    27615
    27609
      Coordinates: 
    35.79031330865938, -78.65028025244231
      Area total: 
    857.24 sq. mi., 2220.25 sq. km, 548636.16 acres
      Area land: 
    834.83 sq. mi., 2162.20 sq. km, 534290.56 acres
      Area water: 
    22.42 sq. mi., 58.06 sq. km, 14345.60 acres
      Established: 
    1770
      Capital seat: 

    Raleigh
    Address: P.O. Box 550
    Raleigh, NC
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Wake County, North Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    1,129,410; Population change: 25.35% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    1,353 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $62,880
      Households: 
    334,353
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.40% per 584,088 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $76.03 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Wake County's population of North Carolina of 94,757 residents in 1930 has increased 11,92-fold to 1,129,410 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.40% female residents and 49.60% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.14% in Wake County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 39.86% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.14% in Wake County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 39.86% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    462,582 residential units of which 94.48% share occupied residential units.

    27.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Wake County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.30% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.91% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.11% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.90% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Wake County, North Carolina 62.56% are owner-occupied homes, another 31.04% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.41% are vacant.

  • The 42.67% of the population in Wake County, North Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 42.280%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 56.730%) of those eligible to vote in Wake County, North Carolina.

Skyline of Wake County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Housholder Artman, PLLC

115 N Jackson St, Tullahoma, TN 37388

Kevin T. King & Company, PC

2211 1/2 Grand Ave, Billings, MT 59102

Parker Business Consulting & Accounting, PC

3241, 10265 Kingston Pike suite a, Knoxville, Tennessee 37922

PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP

4208 Six Forks Rd #1200, Raleigh, NC 27609

Young, Nicholas, Branner, & Phillips, LLP

1041 S High St, Harrisonburg, VA 22801

Landscape of North Carolina