Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Knox County

  •   State: 
    Tennessee
      County: 
    Knox County
      Zips: 
    37927
    37927
    37901
    37940
    37998
    37928
    37939
    37930
    37934
    37950
    37933
    37806
    37996
    37934
    37929
    37721
    37915
    37938
    37924
    37931
    37916
    37914
    37849
    37909
    37912
    37932
    37902
    37934
    37921
    37918
    37920
    37917
    37923
    37922
    37919
      Coordinates: 
    35.993206394781694, -83.93709038989965
      Area total: 
    525.92 sq. mi., 1362.13 sq. km, 336589.44 acres
      Area land: 
    508.33 sq. mi., 1316.56 sq. km, 325328.64 acres
      Area water: 
    17.60 sq. mi., 45.57 sq. km, 11260.80 acres
      Established: 
    1792
      Capital seat: 

    Knoxville
    Address: 400 W Main St
    City County Building
    Knoxville, TN 37902-2405
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 11 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Knox County, Tennessee, United States

  •   Population: 
    478,971; Population change: 10.81% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    942 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,559
      Households: 
    182,938
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.90% per 242,643 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    9.25%
      GDP: 
    $24.48 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Knox County's population of Tennessee of 155,902 residents in 1930 has increased 3,07-fold to 478,971 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.38% female residents and 48.62% male residents live in as of 2020, 56.76% in Knox County, Tennessee are married and the remaining 43.24% are single population.

    As of 2020, 56.76% in Knox County, Tennessee are married and the remaining 43.24% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    210,972 residential units of which 92.51% share occupied residential units.

    24.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Knox County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    85.23% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.05% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.62% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.81% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Knox County, Tennessee 62.63% are owner-occupied homes, another 29.63% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.74% are vacant.

  • The 61.03% of the population in Knox County, Tennessee who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 60.730%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 37.730%) of those eligible to vote in Knox County, Tennessee.

Skyline of Knox County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Karen E Kirby, CPA

10 E Washington Ave Suite 106, McAlester, OK 74501

Claudia A. West, CPA

2341 W Jefferson, Trenton, MI 48183

Arazoza & Company, PA.

2100 Salzedo St, Coral Gables, FL 33134

CARLINI CPA, PLLC

Creft Cir, Indian Trail, NC 28079

Michelle McGuigan, CPA

17 Pulaski St, Ware, MA 01082

Landscape of Tennessee