Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Hays County

  •   State: 
    Texas
      County: 
    Hays County
      Zips: 
    78640
    78667
    78610
    78619
    78737
    78676
    78620
    78640
    78610
    78666
      Coordinates: 
    30.057887417863117, -98.03115526327315
      Area total: 
    679.93 sq. mi., 1761.02 sq. km, 435157.12 acres
      Area land: 
    678.03 sq. mi., 1756.08 sq. km, 433936.00 acres
      Area water: 
    1.91 sq. mi., 4.94 sq. km, 1221.12 acres
      Established: 
    1848
      Capital seat: 

    San Marcos
    Address: 111 E San Antonio St
    County Courthouse
    San Marcos, TX 78666-5534
    Governing Body: Commisioners Court with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Hays County, Texas, United States

  •   Population: 
    241,067; Population change: 53.44% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    356 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $55,725
      Households: 
    50,359
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.30% per 121,304 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $6.34 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Hays County's population of Texas of 14,915 residents in 1930 has increased 16,16-fold to 241,067 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.72% female residents and 50.28% male residents live in as of 2020, 54.55% in Hays County, Texas are married and the remaining 45.45% are single population.

    As of 2020, 54.55% in Hays County, Texas are married and the remaining 45.45% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    93,534 residential units of which 92.91% share occupied residential units.

    31 minutes is the average time that residents in Hays County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.90% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.72% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.61% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.50% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Hays County, Texas 62.66% are owner-occupied homes, another 32.13% are rented apartments, and the remaining 5.21% are vacant.

  • The 41.94% of the population in Hays County, Texas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 50.190%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 48.150%) of those eligible to vote in Hays County, Texas.

Skyline of Hays County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Sedosky & Associates, PLLC

14 E Lincoln St, Buckhannon, WV 26201

MM Winkler & Associates

221 E Franklin St, Tupelo, MS 38802

Richards Group, PS

13516 Meridian Ave E Box #731481, Puyallup, WA 98373

G & J Seiberlich & Co

3264 Villa Ln, Napa, CA 94558

J Allen & Associates

801 Toll House Ave Unit A2, Frederick, MD 21701

Landscape of Texas