Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Augusta County

  •   State: 
    Virginia
      County: 
    Augusta County
      Zips: 
    24411
    24485
    24463
    24432
    24469
    24476
    24459
    24437
    24430
    24440
    24479
    24431
    22952
    24467
    22843
    24421
    24486
    24477
    24482
    22939
      Coordinates: 
    38.16442654005536, -79.13385448203096
      Area total: 
    970.76 sq. mi., 2514.25 sq. km, 621283.84 acres
      Area land: 
    967.07 sq. mi., 2504.71 sq. km, 618926.72 acres
      Area water: 
    3.68 sq. mi., 9.54 sq. km, 2357.12 acres
      Established: 
    1745
      Capital seat: 

    Staunton
    Address: 18 Government Center Lane
    County Government Center
    Verona, VA
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Augusta County, Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    77,487; Population change: 5.07% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    80 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $51,062
      Households: 
    28,341
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.60% per 37,046 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.75%
      GDP: 
    $nan, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Augusta County's population of Virginia of 27,174 residents in 1930 has increased 2,85-fold to 77,487 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.94% female residents and 50.06% male residents live in as of 2020, 66.98% in Augusta County, Virginia are married and the remaining 33.02% are single population.

    As of 2020, 66.98% in Augusta County, Virginia are married and the remaining 33.02% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    32,590 residential units of which 92.77% share occupied residential units.

    25 minutes is the average time that residents in Augusta County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.65% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.72% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.17% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.60% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Augusta County, Virginia 76.94% are owner-occupied homes, another 15.31% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.75% are vacant.

  • The 44.59% of the population in Augusta County, Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 69.350%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 29.470%) of those eligible to vote in Augusta County, Virginia.

Skyline of Augusta County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

The McKillip Group Inc

3740 Dacoro Ln Suite 150, Castle Rock, CO 80109

Advocate CPA Group

33 W 19th St #400, New York, NY 10011

Russ & Allcroft, CPAs

741 Glenvia St # 100, Glendale, CA 91206

John Halicks CPA

161 Brett Chase, Paducah, KY 42003

K.A.N. Accounting & Tax Inc

8667 2200 W, West Jordan, UT 84088

Landscape of Virginia