Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Jefferson County

  •   State: 
    Washington
      County: 
    Jefferson County
      Zips: 
    98358
    98320
    98325
    98376
    98365
    98339
    98368
      Coordinates: 
    47.776436646072, -123.57647334256778
      Area total: 
    2187.90 sq. mi., 5666.63 sq. km, 1400254.08 acres
      Area land: 
    1803.72 sq. mi., 4671.62 sq. km, 1154383.36 acres
      Area water: 
    384.17 sq. mi., 995.00 sq. km, 245870.72 acres
      Established: 
    1854
      Capital seat: 

    Port Townsend
    Address: PO BOX 1220
    County Courthouse
    Port Townsend, WA 98368-0920
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Jefferson County, Washington, United States

  •   Population: 
    32,977; Population change: 10.39% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    18 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $48,776
      Households: 
    13,354
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.40% per 13,081 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.40%
      GDP: 
    $1.02 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Jefferson County's population of Washington of 8,346 residents in 1930 has increased 3,95-fold to 32,977 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.60% female residents and 49.40% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.12% in Jefferson County, Washington are married and the remaining 38.88% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.12% in Jefferson County, Washington are married and the remaining 38.88% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    19,087 residential units of which 82.29% share occupied residential units.

    26.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Jefferson County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    69.42% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.56% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.19% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 9.88% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Jefferson County, Washington 62.88% are owner-occupied homes, another 18.92% are rented apartments, and the remaining 18.20% are vacant.

  • The 20.86% of the population in Jefferson County, Washington who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 31.660%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 66.290%) of those eligible to vote in Jefferson County, Washington.

Skyline of Jefferson County

In 51 U.S. states are published

2449 Companies
754 Counties
1387 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Ellis & Ellis CPAs Inc

790 E Colorado Blvd 9th floor, Pasadena, CA 91101

Anne Harmon LLC

395 Scenic Hwy S, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Market Street Partners - Chattanooga

807 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402

Heckman & Laudeman LLC

400 Pine Brook Pl # 12, Orwigsburg, PA 17961

Infusion CPAs and Advisors

4500 Forbes Blvd Suite 200, Lanham, MD 20706

Other Companies

Becky Niemeyer CPA

1091 Lake Village Cir, Brandon, MS 39047

J. K. Boatwright & Co, PC

15 E Lafayette Square, LaGrange, GA 30240

Hisle & Co

277 E High St # 1, Lexington, KY 40507

Johnson T L CPA

3325 Taylor Rd #112, Chesapeake, VA 23321

Crippen & Co.

1900 SE 18th Ave, Ocala, FL 34471

Landscape of Washington